The AHA’s BLS course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
What does this course teach?
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multi rescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi rescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
Ready to take a Basic Life Support (BLS) class?
The AHA offers options for how you can purchase BLS. You can take a full classroom course, take a blended learning course (HeartCode BLS + a hands-on skills session training), or purchase additional course materials. Choose from the options below.